Monday, January 16, 2012

holiday

The kids and I are all home today for Martin Luther King Day. My office observes all federal holidays, which is a lovely bonus in my mind. Which means I'm ensured a four day weekend on a fairly regular basis. Not that my usual three day weekends are unwelcome.

Today we need to clean the house before I release them to go do as they wish. Tonight we are going out to dinner to celebrate their first semester grades...straight A's for the lot of them.

We spent some time this weekend putting together a spread sheet to compare colleges. The oldest is closer to making a decision, and if we told her she had to decide right this moment, I think she would be able to do so. By month end we should have this all figured out and begin the process of sending money to our new favorite institution of higher education!

I'm still reading the Martin book, but I'm halfway through now. Yeah! Hope to add to the page count today.

Enjoy the day!

1 comment:

Lisa Shafer said...

Congrats to your good students!