Monday, December 5, 2011

wasted week

After I blogged last, I headed off for work. Once there, I felt progressively worse, but made it through the day and came home to learn I had a 101.9 fever going. I climbed into bed and stayed there except for a brief foray to the doctor's office ( hubby had to take me) to learn I had caught one very nasty virus. I lost the whole week and the weekend to this bad-boy of a bug. I don't think I've ever been that ill as an adult. Ever.

But, I hope I've turned the corner for good and am able to function at 50% of my normal pace for today. That would be a start. I'm going to work. I don't want to lose any more of my PTO days to illness. I'd much rather take them when I'm healthy and can do something besides sleep.

The middle daughter assembled the tree yesterday and with the help of her sibs, got it decorated. The house is somewhat decked out for Christmas. Hubby did the grocery shopping yesterday. So, all in all, we are in decent shape for the week.

Wednesday is my last Friends meeting as president. Yippee!!  I will be glad to have those duties behind me. Time to move on and all that.

Happy Monday

2 comments:

The English Teacher said...

Sometimes I think when something hits you as an adult, it hits worse than it does when you're a kid.
When I was in my late 20s, I had a flu that wasted me for a week like that and left me with an ear infection that lasted for a couple of months afterwards. Bad stuff.
Glad you're moving again.

EYR said...

It was horrible! And I was so sick I couldn't even read!! Thanks for the note.