Friday, December 23, 2011

the never ending to do list

Some to do lists truly never end. I woke yesterday way too early considering I had stayed up keeping and ear and an occasional eye on the dozen teenagers here for the oldest kid's Christmas/Dirty Santa party. I ventured to the dreaded grocery store by 9:00 and was in a total Scrooge like mood by the time I was home at 10:00. Sigh.

I managed to get the laundry under control, although I still have bedding to wash today. I managed to get muffins, coffee cake, dinner, Christmas Eve bread and assorted other things baked, made and put away. I cleaned and organized the fridge so I'd have places for all this stuff. Today I have some white chicken chili to make as well as a queso dip for the hubby's office lunch. I also have the pick up the middle kid from a sleepover/party and get her to the mall to purchase one last item. My reward for that is a trip to B&N as they sent me a lovely 25% off anything coupon....I need to 'save' some money!!

Oh, yes, lots to do and not enough time to do it. Don't we just love the holidays?? I fell asleep last night at 8:30 and woke today at 4:30.

On the bright side...I finished the Sharon Kay Penman book, "Lionheart".  Gosh, nobody does the Angevins like she does. I loved her characterization of Richard. Up next is a Phillipa Gregory novel, another wonderful historical fiction writer. I think the title is "The Lady of the Rivers." I'm being to lazy at the moment to double check that.

This might be my last blog post until after Christmas and our house guests depart....and in that event, I wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas.

Enjoy.

4 comments:

Lisa Shafer said...

You're as stressed out as I am, honey! Good luck with everything.

EYR said...

Lisa...No, I think you win this one. I don't have a stack of papers to grade or a book that is being insanely difficult to receive in a proper format. Best of luck as you plow through that work and here's to a restful Christmas!!

Elizabeth said...

Hah, i admit, I love seeing you a bit stressed out, Sometimes I just wonder about how calm and joyful you always seem!

EYR said...

Elizabeth....I hide my stress pretty well, most of the time!