Wednesday, December 14, 2011

the board

So......years ago the Friends had a very able and dynamic representative on our Town Library Board. However, after many years of dedicated service as a Friends officer and a Library Board member, this lovely lady decided to retire.

And we went for almost 3 years without representation on this governing body.

We will now have a voice: mine.

Yep, I applied and was appointed to the Town's Library Board.  This could be a case of out of the frying pan and into the fire......but, I don't think it will be.  Although my first order of business is going to GUILT the other board members into joining the Friends. Not a single one is a member and I seriously doubt they even know what we do each year: like donate thousands of hours and thousands of dollars.

I'm on a mission. Again.  Life is GOOD!