Tuesday, December 13, 2011

the elves

Back when my kiddoes were very little, I began to put small items into their stockings on the days leading up to Christmas. Only one item each day and they items were usually inexpensive, practical things. They were always so excited when the 'elves' came early and it gave them something to soothe the excitement as the build up to the Santa-man continued.

The elves have continued to deliver, although now they ask me when the Elf will start bringing gifts! This year it is the Monday before Christmas.

I have my items all sorted by day, each stocking stuffer building up to the ultimate stuffer for Christmas morning. I love finding just the right things for those three stockings.

Along with my coded gift wrapping system, it is one of my favorite Christmas traditions!

2 comments:

Lisa Shafer said...

What a fun idea!

EYR said...

Thanks! I enjoy this tradition as much as they do...but years ago, one of my darling daughters left the elves a note, of course, she was left a note in turn ( what a project that was after they went to bed that night). She took the note to school the next day, she was soooo excited....proof that Santa and his elves were real! One of her teachers called me at home to tell me how much FUN they were having with her that day!!