Wednesday, December 21, 2011

the elves, day three

Socks. Yep.  I always give them socks in their stockings....my little Christmas joke with them. This year, I didn't like the selection of holiday themed socks at Target, so I opted for some really soft pastel knee highs for the girls and a nice pair of dress socks for the boy.  He usually manages, at least  two out of four Sundays, to come down for church with a nice pair of pants, a nice shirt and white athletic socks on his feet. I hope that adding one more pair of dark colored dress socks will even the odds a bit. Boys!

Work is going to go slow today. We have cleared our plates of the bulk of the work we wanted to do and are down to fine tuning, which, can move along at a snail's pace. I'm so sick of anurans (frogs), their habitats, distribution, calls, photos etc that I can hardly stand to open the authoring software we are using to convert this course's content. My boss is right along with me in the "NO MORE FREAKING FROGS" boat. Ha ha.

But yesterday was okay, and I learned something too, which is always a bonus. My friends over in the Communications Dept were enjoying some Dunkin Donuts and offered me one. I selected a classic glazed donut and was not impressed. Either I remember DDs to be better than they ever were, or they've changed their recipe. I'd rather not waste the calories on another one of their pastries. But, donut quality aside, it was fun to be included.....I'm a lone wolf at work as we are a department of two and half of us works in Wisconsin.

But, today is my Friday....and I'm looking forward to 5 days off. I may blog, I may not, so just in case, here's wishing you a very Merry Christmas full of peace, joy and love.

No comments: