Tuesday, December 20, 2011

the elves, day two

So, I'm a sucker for holiday packaging. I love to wrap boxes and put beautiful ribbon on them. I very seldom use gift bags.....yes, I'm a packaging snob.  I know the paper and the ribbon winds up in the trash, but for me, the LOOK of the gift provides a certain thrill. My main wrapping paper this year came from Hobby Lobby. It is a nice quality paper, complete with cutting guidelines on the reverse side. I chose a red background with white snowflakes. Lovely. Looks great with red, white or even green ribbon. I opted for curling ribbon this year as I had plenty of black fabric ribbon from last year. I do need to replenish my plaid wire edged and red or white tulle ribbon this week.

See. It is sort of an addiction. Tee Hee!

In other Christmas news....the elves did their work and provided the kids with Limited Edition Christmas Oreos for today. Yum. That minty-chocolatey goodness was difficult to resist, but I managed to get all the cookies into baggies and into the stockings.

The food treats end today and we move on to other 'prezzies' for the kids.

Feeling quite accomplished this morning as I managed to get in and out of the dreaded, hated, grocery store yesterday in just under an hour. It would have been a shorter visit, but I saw one of my kids' favorite teachers and had to stop and chat with her. Her daughter is the same age as my oldest and they played soccer together back in elementary school. She went on to teach the middle kid science and now teaches the youngest kid reading. Fabulous teacher!

I also made a trip to the library to donate some books. I ventured to Chick-fil-a and negotiated a swap on an auction item we purchased (a child's b-day party) for trays of food we can serve at the oldest's Dirty Santa party this week. Booya!  I also ran several other errands and was home by 4:00! I cooked dinner, made cookie dough and then enjoyed an icy, cold Newcastle while playing some mindless game on facebook.

Yep. All in a days work. This Elf is on a roll!!  Enjoy your Tuesday.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

i just love reading your blog! and i have neglected feeding myself here, I want more details on your elf deal, sounds really cool!!!!! Happy New Year dear friend!

EYR said...

Happy New Year to you also! I will message you info on the elves and that tradition.