Thursday, May 5, 2011

Dead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris

Sookie is back. Several other fans of this series complained a bit that the previous book was lacking in the action department. Well, Sookie had almost died and did need to recuperate from some very serious injuries. Several other characters either died or were seriously hurt in the battle at the end of the tenth book. So, I don't blame Harris for taking a slower pace and setting up the ground work for what was to come in book eleven.

Dead Reckoning starts off with some attic cleaning and a Molotov cocktail. The show down is coming not only for Sookie, but also for Eric and all those who call him Sheriff. It is time for a Dead Reckoning in the Bon Temps corral.  I'm not going to recap any further or be tempted to reveal any spoilers. If you love Sookie, you will love this book. If you aren't into this series, the novel won't make a bit of sense.

I do have to say though, I like the nods to the HBO series True Blood sprinkled throughout the story. When I read Pam say, "Are you picking up what I'm putting down," I about spit out my tea. I loved that line in the TV series and to 'see' Pam utter it in the book made my afternoon!! Ha Ha!!

I'm off to my new job today, kid pictures in tow along with other things to make my cubby/office more homey for me. I'm excited, nervous and anxious all rolled into one.

No comments: