Friday, April 30, 2010

end of week uncertainty

Mother Nature is toying with us yet again. I just finished looking at the NOAA site and checking out the forecasts for the cities where my soccer girls are scheduled to play this weekend. The forecasts don't look conducive to being outdoors kicking a ball around.  Of course, the one tournament is three hours east and the operating body has a reputation for not canceling events in a timely manner. Let's hope they look at the NOAA page and decide that 100% chance of T-storms means that you should tell folks by noon on Friday not to get in their vehicles and start driving.

The other event is much closer, only an hour drive and isn't scheduled to begin until later on Saturday. I fully expect that match to be called off as this town is in our region and is under a flood watch as we are for the weekend.

At this rate, I'm never going to have the chance to have my mulch delivered let alone distributed into the five large flower beds surrounding the house.

But, all of that aside, I'm looking forward to watching "The Young Victoria" today with my Anglophile movie friends and enjoying a nice potluck lunch. I'm contributing some French Onion soup via Costco's frozen food section and a small dessert of imported chocolate via Aldi's. Yum.

Whatever the weather, enjoy the weekend.

No comments: