Monday, March 8, 2010

mixed bag

Good grief! I kept meaning to post a blog entry, but I guess the days just slipped away from me. I have been busy, but not swamped. I managed to finish reading Kate Collins' latest Flower Shop Mystery, "Sleeping with Anemone" over the weekend. As always, a fun read with a nice mystery and endearing characters. I got hooked on yet another BBC America show. This time it is Survivors. I watched all four episodes this weekend while the middle kid camped out close by looking for poems for the dreaded poetry project the freshman honors English class does this time of year. The oldest kid and hubby were out of state at a soccer tourney...she did really well, two shut outs in her half of the game and only one goal slipped by her.

The youngest was the center of attention Sunday night as he bridged over into Boy Scouts. Neat ceremony and the best treat was that hubby and oldest kid made it back home in time to see it!

Lots to do this week as my folks arrive for a visit on Thursday and we have the big soccer tourney this weekend. Of course, it is also the end of the third quarter at school, so the projects are all due now.

Hectic days ahead. But first, I'm off to check our new Aldi store today. Time to replenish the pantry at my fave cheap place to shop.

For my treat later, I will get to dive back into "Beautiful Creatures".....enjoying this book and I hope I can get my work done so I can sit down and read for a while this afternoon.

No comments: