Wednesday, March 10, 2010

beautiful creatures

Finished "Beautiful Creatures" yesterday. This is a good solid YA paranormal book with a nice 'twist' as it is told by a boy. I look forward to reading more from Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. This is a well layered story with a lot of characters, several plot threads and a boat load of unanswered questions at the end. I enjoyed the story/plot, but what I liked more was that the authors really nailed the mood of their characters and their setting. It felt right. I've read many YA books that just don't achieve that critical part of writing for this particular audience.

Today I am going to clean my house. Wish the sun would shine and a warm breeze would blow to help me in my efforts, but I don't think that will be happening. Oh well, the chore still needs to be done.

I'm throwing some dinner in the crockpot, getting out the vacuum and preparing myself to wage war on the dust bunnies, high and low.

No comments: