Monday, February 4, 2008

weekend update

We hosted a Super Bowl party yesterday. About 30 folks congregated in front of the various tv viewing areas the hubby had set up around the house. We ate a ton of food, had some interesting conversations and enjoyed a good game.

Today I was all set to run some errands, only to discover I can't get my garage door open. The darn thing is making some nasty sounds and won't work. So, here I sit waiting for the repairman, on a rainy Monday. I've already balanced the checkbook and am ready to tackle our tax packet.

I may actually get a chance to open the wip file today. Had a few 'ephiphanies' yesterday during church...yeah, I should have been paying attention to the homily, but it was either let my mind wander or take a snooze. I chose to let my mind wander through the wip plot.

But, first things first, I have to get the tax stuff out of my hair and sent back to the accountant.

2 comments:

Kim Smith said...

egads. we are off tonight to meet with mortgage advisors about refi-ing the refi. sigh.

i hope we get it all behind us then we can focus on taxes-gosh, does the grownup thing never end???? i wanna go back about forty years!!!

Dwight's Writing Manifesto said...

The garage door opener only has enough torque to lift a garage door which is properly ballasted with springs.

If the springs snap, the garage door opener will grind under stress.

Depending on your style of garage door/springs this can be REAL cheap to fix ($30 + labor) or if you have the single big spring it should run you around $250+labor.

Good luck.