Monday, February 18, 2008

holiday, recap, book and a blog

I started the holiday with a trip to the doctor's office, middle child in tow. Yes, yet another ear/sinus infection with some ginormous tonsils. Looks like the ENT doctor gets to take another tropical vacation courtesy of us.

The weekend was filled with sporting activities.....two basketball losses and one soccer victory. We bailed on church and instead spent the morning sleeping, drinking coffee and reading the paper. It was nice not to have to hustle to church, sad to say.

We have also begun the major redecorating effort on the master bedroom....long overdue. Told the oldest, it is good to either marry a man with money or one who knows how to do shit. I married the later.

No writing, yet again. I did, however, listen to the oldest outline a storyline she's been toying with for a bit. Not too bad, told her to get it written down. How fun is that?!

Started reading a Lee Child book. I needed a good dose of Reacher and my latest fix is "The Hard Way." Pretty fun stuff.

Up for tomorrow, the bookstore beckons. Short weeks always screw with my routine. If you have a chance, check out my bud Kim's latest blog effort. She's joined forces with three other mystery writers. Looks like a winning combo. http://www.murderby4.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

Kim Smith said...

Thanks for the plug dear, and sad to say I have NOT read any of Child's stuff yet. Boo hiss. You will have to steer me in the right direction :)

EYR said...

You are so welcome mon ami....yes, by all means, find a Lee Child book and read away. Warning, don't plan on getting up from the couch at all that day. Those books can consume you.

Marta Stephens said...

Liz!!!

I was Googling MURDER BY 4 and found this post. Thanks so much for the plug. :)