Wednesday, February 20, 2008

flavor of the week

I'm not a very trendy person. Not that I'm stuck in 1987 or that I long for my teen years, but I just don't hop on board with whatever trend is now rolling into town.

That being said, I do enjoy finding a nice pair of jeans and did sneak into Aeropostale before Christmas and nab a pair of jeans from that trendy teenager shopping mecca. They were on sale. They fit. I liked the way they made my rear end look. So does the hubby, by the way.

Did something yesterday I haven't done in quite a while. Before I left to run errands, I visited the CD tower up in the attic and selected three of them to put in the van. My choices were Billy Idol's 'Vital Idol', Cheap Trick 'Live at Budokan' and INXS...the album title escapes me. Need more coffee.

Why are jeans and old rock music rolling around in my head? Well, because, I've been thinking about the YA book I started months ago. Haven't touched it in weeks. The whole book was inspired by Billy Idol...which is a bit odd and scary, but true. I may have to open the Lani wip up and see what hits me upside the head. That is after I do a round of edits on Maddy.

Yes, the flavor this week is getting back to work. I've procrastinated long enough. I have a free day today and tomorrow and I mean to get some serious work done. No excuses.

2 comments:

Kim Smith said...

Yay~! Now I won't feel so lost and lonely as I dive back into the BA project.

EYR said...

Lost and lonely no longer...I'm almost done with the nuts and bolts search, find, replace edits on Maddy Blue. Next up, plot holes, threads and other assorted beasties. I need that story arch thing you told me about...zip it my way, would ya??