Wednesday, February 13, 2008

black holes and other obsessions

I must be the queen of avoidance via becoming obsessed with new hobbies. I started to mess around with some genealogical research and have become hooked on the high associated with finding an ancestor's death certificate. Scary.

There is a method to my madness, namely, finding an American Revolutionary War ancestor so I can wiggle my way into the DAR and nab some scholarship money for the daughters. Every little bit will help. Especially after I sat with hubby last night in the high school auditorium and listened to the college advisor lecture us on honors/AP classes, college costs etc. as it applies to our current middle school students. Scary, again.

Needless to say, the wip is languishing due to my inattentiveness. I have, however, a boatload of census records, death certificates and family tree stuff to print off today. Yes, I've been sucked into the black hole of ancestry.com and see no way out.

Not much else to report here...February is a crazy busy month in our house with birthdays and such.

On the writing front, I'm just not expecting much from myself right now.

1 comment:

Kim Smith said...

hah! we so need to do lunch. i have lots of words of wisdom about the college road ahead.