Friday, September 21, 2007

whoa, it's friday?!

Yesterday's blog covered the whole choices conundrum I'm in right now with my writing. Oddly enough, while I was at the library yesterday to hold my last bookstore training session, I was offered a job. Yep, they want me back as the part time adult reference library associate. I toyed with the idea for a few minutes, asked if they would triple my salary, joked with the director (who's a good friend) and then declined.

I want to go back, but the time isn't right. I know that in my gut. I have to get this bookstore off the ground and functioning in some sort of routine. The hubby is traveling quite a bit. The kids are more busy than ever.

Sometimes forces outside of ourselves nudge us along. Sometimes decisions are clear cut and easy. Sometimes we flounder. This was an easy one to turn down.

My time will come again to man that ref desk and help folks find that perfect book or navigate the Dewey decimal system.

2 comments:

A Paperback Writer said...

I'm glad you feel confident about your choice. Those the best ones. The ones that've turned out wrong in my life are the ones that felt like a bargain basement sale, where it was now or never. I chose unwisely in several important areas (like marriage) because of that sales pressure.

Kim Smith said...

SIGH.I wanna quit my job -- do you want it?