Wednesday, September 19, 2007

check out Dante Valentine


I"m always torn when I discover a new series to read. When I stumble across the first book and then have to wait a year for the next title to be published, I go through something akin to withdrawal. On the other hand, when I discover a series that has been completed, then I know the end is in sight. Does it sound like I'm bitching because my ice cream is cold?

Either way, I've been reading Lilith Saintcrow's contributions to The Midnight Hour blog for a good six months now. I enjoy her wit, insight and grit. I finally picked up the first book in the Dante Valentine series last weekend at Barnes and Noble. I zoomed back on Monday and bought books 2 and 3.

I'm in love with this character and the world she lives in. Dante is awesome, flawed and real. The world she lives in is so well developed, the word original just doesn't do Saintcrow's effort justice.

If you enjoy urban fantasy with a strong punk/goth/sci fi twist, check these books out.

No comments: