Thursday, September 27, 2007

banned books

Just read a list of challenged books reported by the ALA. Banned book week is coming up....one of my favorite library holiday events. I was proud to see that several of the newer books on that list were items I ordered and added to our library's collection during my tenure. Yes, I love to stir the pot and having banned books and challenged books on the shelves is doing my part to keep the pot stirred.

Off to the book sale today. We are still setting up. I worked yesterday on getting my manuals put together for the store. Today I will be organizing and pulling books for the store. Should be a fun day.

Had a small article appear in our big regional paper. Always fun to see my byline:) Even after all these years, it still brings a smile to my face:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What? No link?

EYR said...
This comment has been removed by the author.