Monday, May 14, 2007

no crisis?

Today may actually buck the trend and not serve up a mini crisis for me to deal with first thing. No trips to the doctor, no waiting for the repairman, no last minute change of plans. Amazing.

On the agenda for today is to clean the house and get the laundry going. I'd also really like to spend a few hours working on the new WIP. I have an idea for the second chapter and am eager to see how it translates from my head to the screen.

Scenes play out in my mind like mini movies. When the words are flowing, this seems to work to my advantage. The rate at which I can write/type and the pace of the action don't exactly match up, but the intensity works for me. Some days it feels like my mini movie is on pause. The words just don't come and the characters are frozen. They stare at me and I can hear them thinking, okay, what comes next? I usually get up and go downstairs and get something to eat or drink. Often just stepping away for a few minutes is enough to get the 'movie' going again.

No comments: