Tuesday, May 8, 2007

in the field

Quick update, the a/c is fixed and working. I was able to get to the local store, a Sam's trip is again postponed. I moved the plants I needed to relocate. I didn't work on the WIP, but I did begin writing the bookstore's policy manual. I did all the laundry. So, while yesterday did not go as planned, I managed to get quite a bit done. And, I didn't read. It is about killing me, but if I start a new book now, I won't get my writing done. I'm an all or nothing kind of gal.

I'm in the field today, as in going with a few busloads of school kids to a nature center. I'm not a hovering mom, but when you have hundreds of kids and wide open spaces, I get a bit nervous. So, I'm along for the day.

The goal is to finish the first draft by Friday. Barring any other crisis, I should be able to do that. Keeping fingers and toes crossed.

1 comment:

Kim Smith said...

Mine are duly crossed as well :)