Monday, May 7, 2007

manic monday

Okay, the universe must really like screwing with my world. Here is another Monday and another weekly plan shot to hell. Yesterday after we arrived home from a late soccer game, we discovered the air conditioning is not properly cooling. The fan is going, the air is moving, but it is far from cool. It needs freon. I'm sure the coils have a leak. Oh joy!

So, I'm home until the repair guy can arrive. Nice guy, even called me on Sunday after I spoke with his service. But, I can't go to Sam's until he is here and gone. Who knows when that will be?

We managed to get the house cleaned yesterday. I guess I will either write or do some gardening until I know a repair time table.

Why is just one event messing with the next four days? Because between field trips, end of school concerts, practices and games, my week is planned down to the last hour. Once again, one unexpected issue will throw the whole thing off kilter.

I used to not mind Mondays. Of late, they've been nothing but trouble. I either need to stop planning anything for Monday or start learning to have not only plan B, but plan C and D.

No comments: