Tuesday, May 15, 2007

conflict

I just read one of the blogs I visit daily and her topic was the difference between conflict and complications in a plot. The blog gave me pause as I'm noodling over edits for MB. Now that I've been away from that manuscript for all of four days, I know this may be an issue. Actually, I've known it might be an issue for a while. The story has lots of complications and it even has a big underlying conflict. The trick is to make the conflict stronger and more defined. I worry that all the little stuff is burying the big stuff.

On a different note, I wrote a few thousand words in the YA WIP yesterday and will probably do some heavy edits to those pages before I move on. The vision I had in my head for the scene is not what ended up on the screen. I hope to spend some time with that story today. Of course, that is after I go to field day at the school and make a quick run to the store.

Tomorrow I'm heading over to B&N to buy the latest Sookie book....yes, I'm treating myself.

No comments: