Tuesday, March 19, 2013

where to start

Yesterday was the first day of the last quarter of my second daughter's high school career.

I needed a moment to let that sink in. She is finishing high school. She will be off to college in just a few months.

I will be home alone with the boys.

Hubby and I built a fire on the patio and sat outside Sunday night talking about all the changes going on in our lives right now. It is pretty amazing. It sometimes takes my breath away. It makes me so happy and proud and then chokes me up a moment later.

He feels the same way. Everything is moving along at a very rapid pace for us and we are wishing we had a way to slow it all down.

He took a bit of time off to spend with the boy while I was in Texas and I'm taking a few days off when the oldest is home for her break.

Taking some vacation time does help, but the problem, if you can even call it that, is we are at that point in our lives when the nest is becoming empty. It is natural. It is good. It is how it should be.

And we are excited to start planning the next 10,15, 20 years in front of us and doing some things we want to do.

So, where to start? In the moment. Right now. Every day. Today is Tuesday. Let's go!

No comments: