Tuesday, July 17, 2012

you are released

Such sweet words to hear yesterday afternoon. I was placed in the 7th pool of jurors they called and assigned to a criminal court to be considered for jury duty on an aggravated robbery case. They took half our pool, 20 people, and placed them in the jury box. After the lawyers did their work, 6 were dismissed and the rest of us were also released. The judge thanked us and told us we were off the hook for the next 10 years.

It was a very long and tiring day. Uncomfortable rooms, uncomfortable chairs and lots of waiting around. I was glad to be out of there at 3:30 and on my way home.

I got home and the oldest and I went to early voting. This was her first time. In line behind us was the former high school principal - one of the scholarships she won was named in his honor. That was fun! A lot of other friends and neighbors in line as well. I've never had to wait that long before and I bet the turnout is incredible with the local school issues on the ballot.

Happy Tuesday, off to work I go, a much better destination than the criminal court building.

1 comment:

Lisa Shafer said...

When I was young and healthy, I always wanted to do jury duty but was never chosen. Then, last fall, with all my health problems, I got called in TWICE. Ugh.