Tuesday, February 7, 2012

the sound and the fury

The oldest is sitting here at the kitchen table reading "The Sound and the Fury."  She should have read this yesterday afternoon, but she fell asleep on the couch. Although we didn't curtail our usual noisiness, she slept until dinner time.

I remember reading this book back during my senior year in high school and stumbling through the first chapter. In fact, she just finished Wuthering Heights, which I also read my senior year. I had to write a 10 page term paper on WH; oh what good times I had!

She doesn't like the Bronte sisters. She hated Jane Eyre and only disliked WH. I will be interested to hear her opinion of Faulkner. Her class has already talked about traveling south, just a short jaunt, to see his home in Mississippi. Field Trip!

Happy Tuesday.....enjoy the day!

No comments: