Thursday, February 23, 2012

big projects

We are embarking on a journey at work. A rather big project has been assigned to us by our board of directors, specifically the past president. This guy is a go getter - global sales director for a major player in our field - total East Coast kind of guy. I've spent the last two days cruising the web for ideas and materials for the HUGE website redesign/overhaul we will begin to work on this year. 

New projects are always so shiny and spiffy....for about the first few weeks. Then the slog begins. The saggy middle. The part that never ends.  Good thing my boss and I can cheer each other on as we travel this new road. Going to be a learning curve as far as the tech stuff goes and an opportunity to polish our 'herding cats' skills as we deal with the various other non-profit groups involved in this. Dealing with our board can be a bit of a herding exercise as well, although I have to say, we both wanted to give a gold star to one of our stalwart board members yesterday. This gal kicks butt, big time. She knocks out projects and has enthusiasm to spare.

So, fun stuff for me at work. Makes the days go fast and the weeks fly by.

I'm at my Friday, folks.....enjoy your weekends and see you on Monday.

1 comment:

Kim Smith said...

Ha! We get projects all the time at my workplace. It is always the things that no one else wants to do!