Wednesday, February 1, 2012

friends of the library annual report

As I've done for the past four years, I compiled some basic stats on what the Friends accomplished in 2011 and used MS Publisher to create a spiffy looking document for the group. Hubby printed copies at his office and the current president now has them to hand out for tomorrow.

I don't mind doing this task, it is rather interesting to see what we've done over the past year and the cumulative results since we started tracking this information.

While the Library does a nice job of recognizing the Friends, seeing those numbers in one document, brings smiles and usually lots of applause at the February meeting.

I won't be there tomorrow, so I will have to hear second hand how the report is received by the group. I gave the president extra copies to provide the Contemporary Club. That was the group who first started a library in our town over 50 years ago.

Not sure if I want to continue with this task or not, as I continue to scale back my involvement, but it has been a rewarding one. Always fun when you can show folks just what their countless hours of time and energy created.

No comments: