Thursday, November 3, 2011

and the cleats and gloves come off

My darling soccer girls ended their season after 110 minutes with a 2-0 loss. Yes, 110 minutes. It was 0-0 at the end of regulation and overtime play kicked into effect.  One of the mom's, she helps moderate our booster club facebook page with me, posted that we had two defensive miscues within 5 minutes and the other team capitalized.

Hubby said the team played their hearts out, but sometimes that isn't enough to win the game.

As of this morning, I'm no longer the goalie's mom. She says she wants to play for fun, and not in the goal....on the field.

After 12 years of soccer with this child, half of those years on competitive teams, a chapter has ended. I can't help but think about all the times I've watched her warm up, diving for balls, getting ready for a game.

I love you, Miss J -- my goalie girl. xoxoxoxo

No comments: