Thursday, July 21, 2011

so many books to read, so little time

I'm not making much of a dent in my TBR pile. I have two Arthurian mysteries starring the one-armed Malgwyn. I have one Enola Holmes YA mystery. I have two Faythe Sanders urban fantasies. And I have another YA title, this one by Holly Black.  The pile is a bit tall and it is lingering about much too long. I need to get some serious reading done this weekend, or some of these will have to be returned to the library for another day. Ugh.

In the meantime, I saw the new mega long fantasy from Patrick Rothfuss has hit the shelves. I still haven't read the final book from Jean Auel. I'm falling behind.......but, that is to be expected now that I'm at work 24 hours a week.  Hours I used to spend doing other things, like reading.

I made the mistake of going into B&N yesterday, that is how I realized how far behind I am in my reading, to kill some time while the middle kid worked out with her new club coach.

Yes, always soccer drama going on in our club. Another Brit at the helm of her team....this time a college coach is taking the reins as his former club team, a group of girls who are going to be seniors in high school this year, declared he couldn't take them any further than he had in their soccer development. Hmmmmm. Sounds like maybe some girls and or parents didn't get the DI looks/scholarships they'd convinced themselves they deserved.

Anyway, we loved our old coach and the girls love this new coach. So, in the end, bully for us! I think it will all work out well and to our advantage to have the new Englishman on the sidelines.

And that is all for this week.....Liz, over and out!

1 comment:

The English Teacher said...

I sympathize. My TBR stacks are huge and tottering.