Wednesday, July 6, 2011

in which I might need to be held back

Oh my. Over the weekend I received an email soliciting a comment and possible input on the bookstore manager's job description by the current assistant store manager. The managers are finishing their two year term and new folks are needed to take over this job. I provided a couple of sentences I thought needed to be in the document and returned it to the author. One highlighted the income the store generates and the other pointed out that the income is a direct result of the dedication and commitment of the store volunteers. I also told her she needed to include that training will be provided.

A revised one was returned with one of my suggestions, the training offered to the new folks, was incorporated. Fine. Then the store manager emailed the author agreeing that my suggestions, both of them, should be used.

Then a second email was received asking for input, again. I emailed back to just go ahead and please use what I had already sent.

So, at this point I've been asked twice for my input by the assistant store manager. The actual manager has agreed with me and liked my suggestions.

Then I get an email saying, "No, I don't want to use it. It doesn't sound like me. But, is there anything else you want to include, but if not, I will send it out as is."

What? Huh? Am I missing something here?

You've asked me TWICE for my input and then tell me NO? Of course it doesn't sound like you....because it sounds like ME. The one you asked for input from....remember?

Oh. My. Lord.

Yep, I was ready to launch like a missile yesterday afternoon. Guess it is still bothering me a bit this morning.

I've already decided that I will wield the power of the gavel and insert my comments into my spoken remarks during the meeting today. And I may just send out my own email...as the President I can do that.

Okay, off soapbox. Rant over. Venting finished.

On to Wednesday.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

You crack me up! great post!