Wednesday, July 20, 2011

the closing shot

The final shot of the latest Harry Potter movie was etched in my brain a few years back when I read the book. A grown up Harry along with Ron and Hermione wave goodbye to their children as those youngsters begin their trip to Hogwarts. The movie matched what I had envisioned for that particular scene, down to what I thought the kids should look like.  Brilliant.

It is hard to let go of something that has been a part of your family for ten years. I have so many memories of my children flavored by this world JK Rowling created. So many wonderful, good, incredible memories.

And the neat thing is, we will continue to make memories that include Harry, Ron and Hermione.

So, perhaps, we don't have to let go. We just move forward and take them all with us. Like Dumbledore told Harry in this movie, you just move on.

No comments: