Wednesday, July 27, 2011

library stuff

“Google can bring you back 100,000 answers, a librarian can bring you back the right one.”—Neil Gaiman




And our library is about to become even more user friendly as a new cataloging system is going to be installed in just a few short days. I haven't looked up any details on "Polaris", but from what I've heard, it sounds so much better than the system we currently have.


In other library news, my executive board will be going out to dinner next week to say farewell to one of our own. The current store manager is moving out of state in the next two weeks. She is a very funny lady and a great conversationalist. She will be missed. But, the good news is that if the oldest decides to attend the university we are visiting this week, this Friend will be close by and can keep 'tabs' on her or at least be on call in case of an emergency.  They actually have a pretty funny relationship as this Friend is the one who named my oldest The Blonde Star after the Blonde-OnStar joke.


Okay, off to work I go!



2 comments:

The English Teacher said...

That is an AWESOME Neil Gaiman quote. Wherever did you find it?

EYR said...

I found it on a Library site...don't remember which one....just one day as I was snooping around!