Tuesday, November 23, 2010

wicked appetite

Before books are shelved on the 14 day racks at the library, they sit on a cart at the end of the circulation counter. I always peruse that cart before I leave. My stop there paid off yesterday as I was able to snag the latest Janet Evanovich book, "Wicked Appetite." Fun. Fun. Fun.

In her Stephanie Plum series, she has a few books called the 'inbetween the numbers' stories. These are more like novellas in length and feature a character named Diesel, who is quite hunky and also a bit magical. Diesel must have received a lot of fan mail, because Evanovich has decided to base a new series around him and a cupcake baking young woman named Lizzy Tucker.

Trademark Evanovich pacing, dialogue and humor reign supreme in this first book. I sat down and read the entire thing yesterday afternoon. Good Stuff.

Although I didn't review them, I did read two books last week. I read a Cat and Bones adventure from Jeanine Frost. Enjoyed it.  I also read a very interesting take on the Romeo and Juliet story by Anne Fortier entitled "Juliet."  Good book.

Off to enjoy that first cuppa and maybe convince the dog that he can fetch the paper even though we are in the middle of what seems to be monsoon like rains. Wowsa.

Happy Tuesday.

No comments: