Wednesday, November 10, 2010

busy day

Here we are at Wednesday already, and I'm not sure where Tuesday went. It was a busy day from start to finish as the kids' schedule was out of sorts which then threw my daily routine into the dumpster by 6:00 AM.

The youngest had to be at school very, very early to serve a detention for being tardy to his third period class. He had to sit and do social studies worksheets for an hour....perfect reminder for him about being on time. He is not eager to repeat that experience.  The other two girls were gearing up for the soccer banquet. So, I had errands to run for them while they were at school and then shoe shopping to accomplish for the middle kid once she got home.

The banquet was really very nice. The food is catered in by a local Italian restaurant and is quite yummy for banquet food. Hubby went this year with me; he's missed the last two years due to travel. He enjoyed the experience as well. It was really neat to see the oldest get her varsity letter. Several of the girls' friends won 'awards' this year...and the JV squad was recognized for the amazing season they had. They had a combined record of 16 wins and only 1 loss. Woot!!

Today I need to stay home and work here. No errands, I hope. But, who knows that can change once everyone starts climbing out of bed.

I did manage to find the first book in the Lady Julia Grey series at the library. I'm reading it  now and am enjoying it just as much as the second title. I also spied a Bernard Cornwell new release on the 14 day shelf, but by the time I got back to it, it was gone. I will have to keep my eyes out for it next week.

The book club meeting on Monday went really well and they are excited about our new book club in a bag program for 2011. The titles were selected and once I arrived home I was able to compile a list of them, along with the authors and the ISBN numbers so I can order them once we receive our institutional discount card from B&N.  Full steam ahead on this project.

Happy Wednesday!!

No comments: