Wednesday, July 22, 2009

why the big three networks stink

Okay, would you rather spend a rainy summer evening watching some schlocky reality TV show or would you rather watch a 'real' TV show which has paid writers and actors to perform their creative miracles for the small screen?

I vote for the later. I realized yesterday afternoon, after I returned from all of our errands and the final 3 hour soccer practice was called due to torrential rain, that all of the dramas I enjoy watching are not on ABC, NBC or CBS. I'm so over the whole CSI thing. I'm way beyond the Law & Order thing. So when I couldn't read another word in a book....bit of a headache due to the weather I'm guessing, I turned on the TV and snuggled into the comfy chair.

Bring on HBO. Bring on USA. Bring on BBC America. Bring on the newly renamed SyFy. I was such a happy girl using the OnDemand service to catch up on the excellent one hour dramas they offer. I watched Royal Pains, Burn Notice, Torchwood, Warehouse 13 and of course True Blood. Earlier in the week I discovered Lifetime's new series Drop Dead Diva. Fun show with an actual solid message about body image and society.

Thank goodness for cable TV on a rainy afternoon. Guess I will stop complaining about the Comcast bill, it was worth every penny yesterday.

2 comments:

Anne's BLOG said...

Interesting comments, Liz. I could not get 'into' the book I was reading yesterday either. Kept dozing - rereading the same page over again. Bah! Turned on TV.. found fairly decent AMC movie, but got bored quickly. Could have cleaned some windows, but not in the mood. Oh well, today Will be better! Or else !

EYR said...

Thank goodness for AMC and such! I'm so tired of reality programming or whatever they are showing from 7-9 on those networks. Give me a good drama, movie or even, heaven forbid, a sports match of some sort!! Of course, that is when I can't be reading for whatever reason.