Thursday, July 30, 2009

way too early to hear voices

I'm sitting in my kitchen and can already hear the two little boys upstairs chatting away. It isn't even 6:00 yet!!

Ahhh, the summer sleepover. The girls went next door to hang out with their friend for the night; popcorn, hot cocoa and a movie were on their agenda. I'm treasuring these summer nights when they are close at hand and not driving around town and out of our line of vision. In the meantime, the youngest had his friend from next door over for the night. They watched TV and played Wii. Luckily they didn't restart their Rockband competition as neither boy can sing and listening to them all afternoon was quite enough.

Looks like another rainy day and I may try and postpone my big grocery shop. Need to look at the radar and see if we will get a break at all today.

Speaking of voices, I will be off to the library this morning for the book sort and then off to the coffee shop to chat about the book sorting process. A bit of mediation is going to be required as we are the victims of our own success. We have some problems and while they are good problems to have, nothing is ever simple when it comes to dealing with the library of late. Cool heads and calm logic need to be employed; I hope we are all up to the task. All parties need to be involved in the discussion so that all parties have a stake in the process and ownership of the solution.

1 comment:

Anne's BLOG said...

Good luck and calm for the after-sort discussion. Keep me posted, please.