Thursday, July 9, 2009

changes

The oldest finished her conditioning session yesterday morning, climbed in the van and proceeded to yack away. I have to say those two hour workouts have provided some unexpected entertainment. She relays stories about the various girls she is conditioning with...all I can say is those poor freshman! Although if she is even half correct, it sounds like some of those 9th grade girls needed their tiaras knocked off a bit. Perfect job for the upper classman....

It is hard to go from top of the heap to the bottom of the pile.

Got an email from a Friend letting me know that yet another one of the stalwart library workers is leaving for greener pastures. Ugh. Their turnover rate is bordering on the embarrassing. They now have 5 job openings. FIVE! I blame it on a combination of things. Low pay. Weekend work required. Ever changing job requirements. In a down economy I'm sure they will fill the jobs, but I doubt those five new folks will see their one year anniversary. It just doesn't happen there. Sad.

I'm still trudging through "Brisingr." The moments of good story telling are sporadic, but I am determined to see it through. I checked out some new books from the library yesterday to serve as my reward for finishing the Paolini novel.

Also checked out a couple of movies.....the third Underworld flick and 21, about the card counting MIT kids. Better get some popcorn!

2 comments:

Anne's BLOG said...

I wish there was some way to enhance the attractiveness of positions at the Library. If the pay scale was increased, and the hours more compatible for those with children at home... but I'm dreaming, I guess.

In the meantime, volunteers are even more necessary and vital to the continued excellence of our gem.

Kim Smith said...

I loved 21!! hope you are doing good, i am just flying by all the blogs i can before the eight o clock hour and the crush. hugs!