Monday, July 13, 2009

come on already

I kept hearing thunder off and on during the wee hours this morning and it is now darker outside than it was 45 minutes ago when I first got out of bed.

Hey, Mother Nature, if you are going unleash the rain, let's get on with it!

On other fronts, no I didn't finish "Brisingr" even though I skipped over huge sections in the pages I did manage to read yesterday. Ugh. Will this book ever end??

The girls and I all went to the salon and had haircuts on Saturday morning. Hefty bill to pay, but we all look good. On Sunday hubby asked us to take the gifts to the altar as he was the usher in charge of finding a family to do that...he said all he could think about was how nice our hair cuts looked as we walked down the center aisle! Funny:)

Soccer and reading up for the girls this week. I really need to make a trip to the store and get more than just a couple of things to tide us over. The big shopping trip needs to happen this week as well...Aldi's and Costco. I can't wait until we have our own Aldi's here in town and they are also making excellent progress on our new Big Lots.

Ahhh..shopping nirvana, retail therapy...whatever you want to call it.

Mother Nature didn't like my snarky attitude and impatience, she is all about the rolling thunder right now...I better duck and cover.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Glad you had perfect hair do's to carry the gifts, that gave me a chuckle! nice that hubby noticed! :)