Tuesday, October 7, 2008

today's agenda

Mother Nature has finally provided some liquid nourishment. We needed rain and I hope it keeps coming today. Bone dry around here.

Speaking of bones, my mom is home and resting. The next 8 weeks will be hard for her and my dad. He will be the care giver and while he has many wonderful attributes, domestic talents are not included. I've offered to fly out for a bit, but she wants to see how the next several days go before we set something like that up. She knows how chaotic our family's schedule is and I think she is reluctant to take me up on the offer.

My family tree maker disk/program arrived and I really need to start inputting all the information I compiled. This is the Christmas present I'm planning to give my side of the family.

I haven't written in the wips in so long I think I've forgotten how. They are always grumbling in my head, but I don't have the creative juices at the moment or the energy to tackle either of them. This fall has been so hit or miss. Not at all what I expected, hoped, planned.

Last night I started one of Charlaine Harris' mystery books featuring Aurora Teagarden, the murder solving librarian. I found books 2 and 3 at the book sale and brought them home. I'll have to go back and read book 1 at a later date.

No comments: