Monday, October 20, 2008

randomness

Had a ball visiting with Kim yesterday at B&N. She never fails to offer me some nuggets of wisdom, some encouragment and more than a few good laughs.

The oldest rocked it out on the field Saturday afternoon and stopped a PK late in the first half, which kept the other team scoreless, which then allowed us to clinch the JV cup. You go, girl.

The youngest went with his dad to hawk Tootsie Rolls for the K of C and did an awesome job.

The middle kid learned a move at skills camp yesterday allowing her to fake out defenders in a
new way.

I'm over halfway finished with The Heretic Queen. Amazing how Ms. Moran can bring ancient Egypt to life and make it seem so contemporary while keeping it so authentic.

The pantry is getting really bare, so I need to do some grocery shopping. I'm supposed to train volunteers for the bookstore today and hope no one shows up so I can get that errand done.

I'm also going to take Kim's advice and start 'priming' the creative well with ten minute writing workouts. Hope I can clear out some of the rust and get back to the clear, crisp word flow that lurks somewhere inside, I hope.

No comments: