Tuesday, August 18, 2015

new start

After working a 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. schedule for the last 4 years, yesterday I gave notice I was changing my hours. Yep, going to start working from 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. I'm awake early anyway and being able to get home and have more of the afternoon to enjoy is a good thing. It won't be fun to drive to work in the dark come winter time, but having more daylight once I get back home will make up for it. Plus, I will be able to see the square all lit up once the holidays roll around! That is a month of magic I can count on.

What did I do with my extra hour yesterday? Well, I dusted and vacuumed. Oh, and I downloaded the next Kitty book to my Nook. I'm on a tear with these and have now created a list of authors I used to read so I can look up those series as well.

Not quite as pleasant outside this morning, but rain is predicted for the rest of the week. Humid air has moved in on the front end.

Heard from the girls yesterday via text and phone calls. The oldest called to make sure she had left her playing cards here and that they weren't lost in her apartment somewhere. Yes, they were still in her desk. She also called to let me know she had gone grocery shopping as the meals at the sorority house don't begin until Wednesday. The middle texted me. She's still buried in recruitment duties for her sorority. I'm sure she will be very glad when that is all over for the year.


No comments: