Monday, August 3, 2015

and we're back

Wow. That was a very quick trip, but so much fun. Two 10-hour drives (up and down) with two very fun days sandwiched in between them. While I don't miss the snowy and cold winters of northern Indiana, I do miss their comfortable summers. Temps were in the low 80s during the day and dropped into the 60s at night, with low humidity, and nice breezes. It was a real treat.

We had a great visit with our friends and even managed to squeeze in a quick trip up to the lake and see our other friends. Of course, coffee on the pier turned into a full blown breakfast, but that is how they roll. Their new house is jaw dropping and has plenty of room for visitors. They made us promise to come back next summer and stay with them.

It is always a wonderful thing to reunite with old friends and have the years drop away. That is how it always is with these two families and it never fails to amaze me.

As I can't read in the car, no reading happened while I was gone. I was so tired after I got home last night, that catching up on the laundry, having some supper, and chatting with the kids, took all of my energy.

So, back to reality today. Off to work I go. The middle kid heads back to school on Friday. Hard to believe. Going to miss her tons.

Happy Monday.

No comments: