Wednesday, June 18, 2014

new to me

I've read two authors who are new to me. Over the weekend I plowed through two of D.L. McDermott's urban fantasy/romance novels and then late Sunday I started Kevin Hearne's Iron Druid series.

The McDermott books (Cold Iron and Silver Skin) feature cross over characters who become involved with the fae. These are more heavy on the romance than the urban grit that characterizes other books in this genre, but they are quick and easy to read. No new territory here, but entertaining and good for a Saturday afternoon when it is too hot and humid to work in the yard!

Now, the Iron Druid series by Kevin Hearne is another cup of tea. I'm falling in love with this series and I'm only half way through the first book. Already ordered book number 2 and was happy to learn that there are enough in this series to keep me happy for most of the summer! How did I miss this?? Oh well, just so happy I found them. Atticus is a druid. A druid who has lived over 2100 years and is trying to live a 'quiet' life in Tempe, Arizona. Well, the gods and goddesses don't want him to be that out of the loop. Oh, and that sword he stole a while back? Yeah, they want it back. Clever, engaging, witty, and he has an Irish Wolfhoud to boot. What is not to love.

So, that is what is new to me this week. I overslept this morning, so no walking for the moment. Ugh. My fault, or should I say it was Atticus' fault since I stayed up too late reading. It has been a very long time since I did that!!

2 comments:

Lisa Shafer said...

I haven't heard of these. Must look into them. :)

EYR said...

I'm really enjoying Atticus and his adventures. I've started the third book!