Wednesday, June 11, 2014

limbo

The vibe at work has a bit of a limbo quality to it of late. With my coworker leaving mid August to finish her PhD work (Early Modern English) and the impending hiring of a true graphic designer, things are a bit odd. We know she is leaving. We know we are going to 'try' and hire a designer. We know we have a ton of work to do for the national meeting.

But, things don't feel like they are progressing. And it is all making me a bit nuts. I don't like this uncertainty about who will be doing what come August 11.

I would feel better if they had posted the job opening. I would feel better if the contract for the journal work was drafted and signed.

August is usually a rough month for me with the kids heading back to school and this August will be a bit topsy-turvy at work to top it all off.

Not looking forward to it.

No comments: