Thursday, June 20, 2013

tony

I was playing around with my phone last night and saw that James Gandolfini died. He is the actor who played Tony Soprano in HBO's groundbreaking series, "The Sopranos."

He was 51.

Wow.

I spent some time yesterday going through a few things in my dresser and in my genealogy files. I was reading my grandparents' funeral cards. Three of my four grandparents lived to see 90. That used to sound quite old, but the closer I get to 50, the younger it sounds! Well, maybe that isn't quite accurate, the closer it seems might be a better description.

It is a rather sobering thought, but time sneaks away as we get caught up in the day to day routine of living. Most folks don't dwell on it, and I don't usually think about it either, but when someone close to your own age dies, it hits home.






No comments: