Tuesday, May 7, 2013

summer work

The oldest walked in from her first full day at her first full time job and said, "I'm exhausted. I'm so tired." She stumbled to her room and collapsed on the bed.

After I stopped laughing and wiped the tears from my eyes, I asked her how her day went. She said it went great. Everyone was super nice to her. She spent the morning learning their software program and then the afternoon converting old drawings into the new system. She had lunch in the breakroom with  a bunch of the guys, who made fun of what she had brought for lunch (half a grilled chicken breast and some chips). She was told to be sure and NOT tell her Dad about whatever comments are made about The Architects! Ha Ha.

She seems to be off to a good start. The drive in wasn't too bad she said. And other than the office being cold (which I warned her about) she said things were just fine.

Good!

The other kid took her first AP test of the week. One down and three to go. This was the APES test, aka AP Environmental Science. Today is Spanish. She thought APES went well, but does not hold out high hopes for Spanish.

The youngest took his EOC, End of Course exam, in Algebra I. I believe he has two other EOCs to take, one for Physical Science and one for Spanish I. I still haven't been able to access the AP/Honors portal for him. The girls had summer work to complete prior to their freshman year at the high school. All this merger bull $h!t is messing with the system it seems. Ugh.

School is winding down. Jobs are getting started. This will be a different kind of summer with all different kinds of "summer work!"

No comments: