Wednesday, May 8, 2013

bwahahahahaha

We laugh a lot at work. A lot. So much so that the assistant executive director once came out to 'shush' us. I don't even remember what got us started that day, but it doesn't take much.

I guess it is just a fatal combination of a crazy Brazilian, a single "Peter Pan" of a boss, and me that makes for a rather dynamic situation. When you toss in the nutty PhD from the education department, well, all bets are off.

The PhD's department never laughs. They don't joke around. It is all Serious Business over there. So, she has to come to our department to get her daily dose of fun.

Yesterday, the bosses computer was being restored by the IT department after the blue screen of death showed up  not just once, but twice. So, he camped out in my cubicle. That did not lead to a productive work environment for me. But, we did manage to get some more changes made to the June issue. He actually found more things, things I had missed, to correct. Thank Goodness for fresh eyes.

Bottom line is this. We have fun at work when and where we can. Laughter truly is the best medicine. I'm very fortunate to be working in the department I am with the people I am working with.




No comments: