Monday, October 29, 2012

trick or treat

We bought pumpkins on Saturday and the hubby and kids carved them yesterday. As soon as the sun set, we had to light them and see how they looked. As always, they are fantastic. I will take a photo and post it.

The end of October is here! Halloween is upon us!

Speaking of trick or treat, watching the coverage of Hurricane Sandy and the anticipated weather has been interesting and a bit scary. I've been thinking of my oldest daughter's best friend who is away at school in NYC.

Off to bundle up for the morning walk. It is about 41 outside, but we are going. As my brother says, there is no bad weather, just bad gear. Now that they've moved from the gulf hurricane zone to what I guess is the Atlantic hurricane zone, I hope he has good gear for the days ahead.


1 comment:

Lisa Shafer said...

Pumpkins! I haven't carved one in years.
Most of the people in our neighborhood just paint them strange colors now. Last year it was all about purple pumpkins.
I usually use non-perishable decorations.