Monday, October 8, 2012

slow down....weekends go by too fast

The long holiday weekend is going by too quickly for me! Today is Monday and although we have today off from work, I wish I could press a rewind button and turn the hands of time back so we could relive Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

Senior Night was so much fun. The girls had a great time and it was wonderful to see so many smiling faces. Players, parents, and families enjoyed a friendly inter-squad scrimmage and then a cookout.

Saturday I took the girlies shopping and boy did we shop. The oldest needed some things for fall/winter and the middle kid coerced me into buying her some new sweaters as well as a dress for the soccer banquet and a skirt. Lots of good sales going on, so the bill wasn't too bad.

Yesterday the oldest had to head back to college as her fall break was over. It was so much fun to have her home. Ahhhh, I miss her!!!

Today I am off to Costco with my sister in law to doing some pantry restocking for the next month and she can have fun helping. They don't have Costco up in her part of Indiana, so she enjoys going.

Fantastic start to Fall Break!

1 comment:

Lisa Shafer said...

Naturally, Costco is HUGE in Utah -- since we have the birth rate of a 3rd world country here. My parents love the place, and, as you'd expect, they always buy too much (which is what the store wants you to do). I keep trying to remind them only to buy things that keep (like paper towels) and not things that will spoil and waste.
Have you ever read Erma Bombeck's account of going to a Costco-like store? It's hilarious. I think it's in one of her very last books.