Thursday, October 25, 2012

college part two

The acceptance letters are starting to roll in for the middle kid. It is rather weird to be doing this again. Our life is in a senior year loop. I sort of think, however, that this daughter will make her decision sooner than the oldest one did. She is already leaning heavily towards one university - not the one her sister attends.

Now that soccer is over, the only event we have left is the banquet. Then our days with that group of folks will come to an end. We've been involved with that program for five years. Sort of odd to think that we are now finished and moving on to other things.

The holidays are approaching and while I was in Target yesterday buying some cards I noticed the Christmas stuff is being stocked, staged and highlighted. Last year at work, the holidays were sort of a non-event for me as a department of one. This year I will be part of a larger group and it should be more fun.

Off into Thursday I go and on the way home from work I get to stop and pick up the latest from Justin Cronin. Looking forward to reading "The Twelve" over the weekend!

1 comment:

Lisa Shafer said...

Yeah, you did just barely finish it up, didn't you? here we go again. :)